Laos finally opens its doors to travelers for 2022
Dernière mise à jour : 7 juil.
Dear travelers, partners and friends,
First of all, the whole team wishes you a happy new year 2022.
The good news has just been made official: Laos opened its doors on January 1, 2022 for a first phase. After being closed since March 2020, we're finally able to slowly but surely welcome you in 2022 with our usual professionalism and organizational quality.
>>Find out what our travelers have to say on TripAdvisor
The opening up of the country takes place in 3 distinct phases.
1st phase from January 01, 2022 to March 30, 2022
Only the following countries are authorized to travel to Laos: China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, France, England, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, USA, Canada, Australia, Brunei, Indonesia, Philippines, Norway, Australia, New Zealand, Poland, Denmark and Belgium.
Entry requirements for this first phase are as follows:
1. Travellers must book their stay through a local travel agency approved by the "LaoSafe Program", such as ours, to welcome travellers in compliance with the new health regulations introduced by the government.
2. Have a negative PCR test less than 72 hours before departure.
3. Have a complete vaccination schedule more than 14 days before departure.
4. Have an insurance policy covering at least 50,000usd for their trip to Laos. Contact your usual insurer to obtain all the necessary information, or contact us directly to be put in touch with our partner.
5. Arrivals can only be made via Wattay international airport in Vientiane or via the Friendship Bridge by land. You will be subjected to a PCR test, then quarantined for 24 hours in a "Lao Safe" approved hotel that we will have booked for you, while awaiting the results.
Only "green" areas will be accessible during this phase1: Vientiane, Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang, where the population is over 70% vaccinated.
2nd phase from April 01, 2022 to June 30, 2022
This phase will become much more attractive. Several other provinces will be opened, including :
Vientiane Province, Oudomxay, Sayaboury, Xiengkhouang, Savanankhet, Champasak, Bokéo, Luang Namtha, Xekong and Salavanh. Arrival options will be broader: you'll still be able to arrive via Wattay airport in Vientiane, but also directly at Luang Prabang airport. More borders will be open for arrivals by land, including Boten, Thatkhe, Khamouane, Savannakhet, Paksé, Lao Bao and Lak 20 in the south of the country.
3rd phase from July 01 to September 30, 2022
The complete opening up of the country is expected to take place during phase 3. Probably with a few final sanitary instructions that we'll update when the time comes, so as not to be too optimistic today.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to keep up to date with developments in Laos. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team in Luang Prabang, who will be delighted to answer all your queries.
Below: Photo taken in front of our Luang Prabang office in December 2021. We were preparing our reopening in the presence of the tourism office's video editing team for the filming of the presentation video shown below.
Video realized thanks to the tourism office to promote the opening of the country !
It's a welcome message with the participation of several travel partners in Luang Prabang. Our agency appears at 2:15min of the video :)
Thanks to all our subscribers for your trust, we'll be sure to share more essential information about Laos with you very soon.
Posted by the team at ORLA Tours by Off Road Laos Adventures, Luang Prabang. Website : www.orlatours.com